Friday 27 December 2013

Transitional Dresses - Day to Night

Transitional dresses are ones which can be worn during the day with flats and boots and brought easily from day to night by dressing up with a clutch and heels.

Here are my top 5 Day to Night dresses for this season:


  1. Stripe Dress 
The Stripe Dress is always a staple at any time of year that can easily be dressed up or dressed down according to how you style it. Oasis have brought out this fabulous striped skater style dress that does the job from day to night. For the day I would wear it with a black tote bag , printed scarf and boots. For the evening I would dress it up with heels, bracelets and a plain clutch bag (not forgetting the red lipstick).

Stripe Skater Dress


Oasis  Skater Style Dress €47.00



2. The Floral Dress

Another Oasis favourite of mine which I bought last week is this beautiful floral wrap dress. At first glance I thought it would be so unflattering but when I tried it on, it is so flattering and beautiful. 
The ruffle effect is so stunning, it really adds character to the dress which already boasts a beautiful floral pattern in complimentary colours.
The Oasis Dandelion dress can be dressed down (my advice would be to wear a camisole underneath for day time) with a blazer, tights and boots. In order to transfer from day to night, try classic black heels, a necklace and a black clutch bag. 


Dandelion Print Dress


Oasis  Dandelion Dress: €44.00



3.  The Little Red Dress

Normally Topshop dresses a little bit on the short side for me being 5'8. However I found this gorgeous t-shirt style dress which I could not pass by. The colour is a Mulberry/Oxblood which is specially beautiful for the winter season. Can be dressed up for Christmas/New Years parties and down for work at the office. 
I am especially loving the high low effect of the dress.
PS I also have it in black and forest green!




 
Topshop Crepe Dress €68.00


4. Lace Spring Dress

Warehouse is one of my favorite shops and always manages to bring out some lovely dresses each season which leaves me no choice but to purchase them! This unique lace detailed dress is soon to be added to my collection, with lace on the sleeves and around the end, it really is a fantastic Spring/Summer dress to invest in.

LACE INSERT SHIFT DRESS


Warehouse Lace Insert Shift Dress €72.00


5. Textured Jacquard Dress

Another Oasis favourite of mine, is this little black dress that I bought yesterday in the St. Stephen's Green Store. I was hesitant to buy it as I thought it would be bulky and short for my figure/height, however when I tried it on it was love! The jacquard effect really makes this dress, the sleeves are short but flattering and the material is so soft. Perfect for dressing up and down, for any occasion. I would wear it with a pop of colour clutch such as yellow or red. The have the dress online in navy which I may just have to get next!

Textured Jacquard Skater Dress



Oasis Jacquard Textured Dress €50.00


Let me know which are your perfect day to night dresses :)

Love,

Emma x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment